Associate Scientist/Scientist-Downstream Process Development
- Develop robust and scalable downstream processes in laboratory scales for the purification of antibodies or antibody-based therapeutic proteins with chromatography (affinity, IEX and/or HIC, etc.).
- Support scale-up of downstream processes and technology transfer to cGMP manufacturing facilities for clinical material production, work with cGMP manufacturing team to generate and review SOPs and batch record for traceability.
- Perform routine bench-work under limited supervision, able to manage own time effectively and complete day-to-day assignments in a timely manner.
- Able to analyze, interpret, and present results to project teams and write technical reports.
- Support equipment maintenance and calibration; train others as appropriate.
- BS, MS or PhD in Biochemical/Chemical Engineering, or related scientific disciplines. Ph.D with 0-3 years of working experience, MS with 1+ years related experience, BS with 3+ years related experience.
- Industry experience in process development for therapeutic protein purification with standard downstream purification techniques including depth filtration, FPLC and TFF is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and attention to details, good time management skills and self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative/team-oriented R&D environment.
January 14, 2020