Associate Scientist/Scientist/Sr. Scientist - Upstream Process Development
Salubris Biotherapeutics, Inc. (hereafter referred to as SalubrisBio) is a science-driven biotechnology company dedicated to the discovery and development of novel antibody therapeutics for the treatment of cancer and cardiovascular diseases. Our mission is to use innovative concept and technology to make a meaningful and impactful improvement in the health and lives of the patients. SalubrisBio is seeking highly motivated full-time scientists with exceptional ability to develop and transfer upstream process from development laboratory to clinical manufacturing facilities for antibody drug product production. The candidates shall have strong ability in multi-tasking and are expected to work in a fast paced, dynamic and changing start-up environment with high degree of self-motivation.
The company offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability and life insurance, as well as 401(k) match and paid time leave. SalubrisBio is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for this job, please contact Gemin Zheng at email@example.com
- Develop and optimize robust and high-yield and scalable production processes with mammalian cell culture based biologic product candidates.
- Identify key process parameters at the bench scale including the operation of bioreactor, mapping of key process parameters, and scale-up of mammalian bioreactor processes for technology transfer to cGMP manufacturing for clinical material
- Develop, optimize, scale-up and scale-down fed-batch or continuous processes using single-use bioreactors (or glass vessels) at 3L, 10-50 L, 200L-1000L scales. Evaluate different cell culture medium formulations and optimal feeding strategies to improve product yield in shaker flasks and small-scale bioreactors.
- Analyze, interpret, and present data to project teams and write technical reports, generate and review SOPs and batch records, transfer upstream process to CMO, and provide technical support to CMO.
- Support clone selection and downstream process operation.
- Timely update lab notebooks and other upstream process development related documents.
- Maintain lab environment, equipment and lab supplies.
- May work at weekends and holidays dependent on the process requirement.
- D., or MS, BS in Biological/Chemical Engineering, or related scientific discipline. Sr. Scientist: Ph.D with 5+ years of working experience in upstream process development field. MS with 8+ years related experience, BS with +12 years related experience. Scientist and Associate Scientist with relative fewer years of experience.
- Industry experience in process development for therapeutic protein production with standard cell culture methods: cell line selection, bioreactor operation, filtration, and centrifugation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and attention to details, highly organized and self-motivated.
- Strong hands on skills and experience in the biotechnology area are required. Work both independently and in a highly collaborative/team-oriented R&D environment.